Application for Professional Member - MASM
Members eligible to apply to become a Professional Member (MASM) must:
- Have completed the requirements of an academic qualification in microbiology at bachelor’s degree or post-graduate level acceptable to National Council. Other under-graduate awards of less than three (3) years full-time study are not acceptable.
- Has satisfactorily completed two years of postgraduate work to advance the discipline of microbiology.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents must accompany this application.
* Confirmation Declaration from a referee who is a MASM or FASM financial member of the society (MASM Referee Confirmation Declaration form downloadable via "Click here to download" button located top right of screen)
* Curriculum Vitae which should include, if applicable, details such as:
- Microbiology content of under-graduate courses;
- Title and abstract of thesis;
- Job experience and microbiology work experience;
- List of publications and presentations.
* Academic Records – if you have graduated within the past five years you must provide:
- Copies of official academic records.
If you have graduated more than five years ago, you must provide:
- Copies of degree certificates; or
- Statutory Declaration detailing degree certificates
Applicants with overseas qualifications will need to also provide a NOOSR assessment that their education qualifications are equivalent to Australian university degrees (this can be done online or by state and territory Overseas Qualifications Units (OQUs)