ASM David White Excellence in Teaching Award
Applications are invited for the David White Excellence in Teaching Award to recognise excellence in the teaching of, and/or innovation in the teaching of microbiology in Australia.
Applicants must be a member of the ASM of at least two (2) years standing at the time of application
Applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae (including a list of relevant publications)
- a one page summary of contribution to education in Microbiology
- the names and addresses (including email addresses) of two (2) referees, one preferably a current or former student
Conditions of the Award
The recipient is required to present a paper or participate in a workshop on teaching of Microbiology at the ASM Annual Scientific Meeting.
The award consists of:
- a bronze plaque given at the ASM Awards Ceremony at the Annual Scientific Meeting
- a $1,000 cash prize
- full ASM Annual Scientific Meeting registration
The award will be made on merit and will be determined by the Executive Committee and a nominee of the Education Special Interest Group.
Download an application form here
Applications should be sent to the National Office Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing Date for applications: 31 March in any year
Acknowledgement: An acknowledgement will be emailed within 5 business days of receiving your application - if this has not been received, please contact the ASM National Office - Tel: 1300 656 423
Previous Award Winners
Helen Cain, University of Melbourne, VIC